We are seeking a qualified, experienced, motivated and passionate candidate to join our Pacific Humanitarian Team, based in Suva, Fiji. Competitive salary and benefits offered. This job is a one-year term fixed contract.
This role calls for the adviser to:
- Provide technical assistance to the Pacific Humanitarian and Development Programmes and IPPF Member Associations (MAs) on Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and gender and inclusion programming.
- Represent the Federation in regional and global fora.
- Provide technical assistance to Pacific MAs in implementing activities to reduce and mitigate consequence of SGBV.
- Assist in building the Pacific MAs' capacity on prevention of and response to SGBV.
- Ensure IPPF's development and humanitarian programming maximises opportunities to reach women, youth, people with disabilities, people who are of diverse sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Support the programme for planning, implementing, and monitoring performance of SGBV and gender mainstreaming.
Interested candidates should have:
- A proven record of SRHR programme management in low resource settings.
- Strong experience of SGBV programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with fluent English will be essential (for training purposes).
- Other pacific languages fluency are desirable.
- Significant cultural awareness with the ability to work well and produce results across transnational environments with people from diverse background.
- A strong team player.
- Be supportive of SRHR and a woman's right to choose.
Please refer to the downloadable Job Description document at the bottom of this posting for more details.
Applications must be submitted in English and via the application form (available for download at the bottom of this post) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of April 2020.